Friday, March 6, 2009

TN: 2006 McPrice Myers Grenache L'Ange Rouge

Popped and poured myself a glass of this tasty little vixen. It immediately reminded me of exactly how it performed the last time I drank this almost a year ago. Kind of tart with a bitter aftertaste, so I decided to let it sit for at least an hour. Talk about a transformation. It went from library schoolmarm to school girl stripper. No more tartness and no more bitter aftertaste, just silky smooth goodness. Loads of strawberries, raspberry liqueur, and ripe cherries. Medium bodied with a tangible amount of weight on the palate, this baby is just Sam Perkins good (Big Smooth to those of us in Seattle). The alcoholic and tannic bite of a finish previously was replaced with a luxuriously sweet finish with this bottle. Just needed some time to settle down. At $32, I'm going to buy more. 93 pts.

No comments:

Post a Comment